- Website! – Discusses TIG’s new website and its features.
- Trend Following; Trading on Rumors; Conventional Research – A reprint of an email from Dan’s friend, with no comment.
- Top Ten Timers – A reprint from Timer’s Digest of the top ten timers.
- On your daily e-mails, it seems like you’re on the sidelines at least a quarter of the time. [Ed.: actually 32.5% over the first 11 year’s of Turov on Timing]. Why so often? And what’s someone like me who likes to trade supposed to do when your daily model is neutral?
- I’m fairly new at market timing, and I’ve been hearing a lot recently about the risks of being in the market in the first year of a President’s term. Just how risky is it?
- I was just catching up on several months’ back-reading and come across mention of you in the May 2004 issue of Investment Advisor Magazine. The paragraph that caught my attention [ed.: see page 5 for full article, reprinted with the gracious permission of Investment Advisor Magazine] said, “Californian Attorney General Bil Lockyer… showed grace in fielding some pointed comments from the audience that questioned the wisdom of redemption fees as a solution to the (illegal) market timing problem. Attendee Dan Turov, publisher of the Turov on Timing newsletter, tolder Lockyer that the real problem was one of ‘prospectus violations’ by the fund companies, not market timing.” What exactly did you mean?